Are you looking for an answer to the topic “Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Find His Age and Wikipedia“? We answer all your questions at the website Abettes-culinary.com in category: Top 4620 tips from Abettes-culinary update new. You will find the answer right below.
Phillip Frankland Lee is an American chef. He began his career washing dishes at 18 and quickly rose through the ranks of some of the country’s top chefs. He became sous chef at 21, executive chef at 24 and chef and owner at 25 when he opened his first solo restaurant.
Frankland currently owns a vegan eatery, The Gadarene Swine, in Studio City and is working on moving his Beverly Hill restaurant Scratch|Bar to Encino. Phillip and his restaurants have been included in Zagat’s 30 Under 30 lists and he was also named one of the Best Young Chefs in America by San Pellegrino.
Philip Frankland Lee
5 feet 7 inches
14 million dollars
Margarita Kallas Lee
Philip Frankland Lee.
Phillip Frankland Lee Age, Wikipedia, And Height
Phillip Frankland is currently 28 years old.
He was born in 1992 but his birthday details are yet to be explored.
Although he has achieved much fame as a chef, Wikipedia has not yet entified him.
Phillip is of decent height, standing at 5ft 7in, but his weight is unknown.
Does Frankland Lee Have A Girlfriend? His Family
Phillip Frankland Lee is married. He is married to his girlfriend Margarita Kallas-Lee. She also works as a cook.
Margarita Kallas is from Latvia; She grew up with her grandparents, who both loved to cook. From a young age, she diligently observes her surroundings while creating unique flavors and dishes. She has also spent time at catering events in LA. She then reunited with her high school boyfriend Phillip Frankland Lee and married Lee in 2012. Now both have fully dedicated their skills to cooking together.
Frankland On Instagram
Frankland is primarily active on Instagram under the username @phillipfranklandlee with over 10.9k followers.
We can also find him on Twitter as @ChefPhillipLee with over 366 followers and on Facebook under the username Phillip Frankland Lee with over 4.6 followers.
Top 10 Facts Of Phillip Frankland Lee
Phillip Frankland Lee is an American chef known for winning multiple cooking competitions including Chopped, Guy’s Grocery Games, and Cutthroat Kitchen.
Lee was born in 1992; he is currently 28 years old. .
He currently owns a vegan eatery, The Gadarene Swine, in Studio City and is working to move his Beverly Hill restaurant Scratch|Bar to Encino.
He stands by his height is about 5 feet and 7 inches.
Lee is a married person, her name is Margarita Kallas Lee. She is also a chef.
Phillip’s estimated net worth is around $14 million.
He currently reses in Los Angeles, CA; his nationality is American.
Phillip’s mission is to make world- fine dining more accessible, affordable, approachable, fun and nutritious.
We can see him on Instagram as @phillipfranklandlee, on Twitter as @ChefPhillipLee, and on Facebook as Phillip Frankland Lee.
Phillips Dish Network is Bravo.
Who is Phillip Frankland?
Chef Phillip Frankland Lee began his career as a dishwasher at 18 and quickly rose from the ranks working under some of the best chefs in the country. He became a Sous Chef at 21, an Executive Chef at 24, and a chef and owner at 25 when he opened his first solo restaurant.
Where is Phillip from top chef now?
He currently owns vegan establishment The Gadarene Swine in Studio City and is working to move his Beverly Hill’s restaurant Scratch|Bar to Encino. Phillip and his restaurants have been featured on Zagat’s “30 Under 30” lists and he was also named as one of the “Best Young Chefs in America” by San Pellegrino.
What band did Phillip Frankland Lee play in?
He experimented with different gigs in his youth and dropped out of high school to work on music (he was a drummer for the rock band, Alpha and Omega) and briefly pursued a degree at Le Cordon Bleu before quitting because he didn’t like being told that “going on a trip with colleagues to The French Laundry wouldn’t be …
What season was Phillip Frankland Lee on Top Chef?
- Jeremy Ford.
- Amar Santana.
- Isaac Toups.
- Marjorie Meek-Bradley.
- Carl Dooley.
- Kwame Onwuachi.
- Karen Akunowicz.
- Phillip Frankland Lee.
Where did Phillip Frankland Lee go to culinary school?
He attended Le Cordon Bleu, and worked with chefs Quinn Hatfield and Stefan Richter here in LA, and at the fabled Alinea and L2O in Chicago.
How many chefs have 3 Michelin stars in the world?
They are Alain Roux, Heston Blumenthal, Gordon Ramsay, Pierre Gagnaire, Clare Smyth, Hélène Darroze and Alain Ducasse.
What happened to Grayson from Top Chef?
Back for redemption after competing on season nine of “Top Chef: Texas,” Chef Grayson Schmitz lives in New York City focusing on Italian and French inspired cuisine.
Where does Joe Sasto work?
Joe continued to grow and moved on to become Executive Sous Chef at Lazy Bear with Chef David Barzelay. while there, he contributed in the restaurant’s rise from one to two-Michelin stars. Joe moved to Los Angeles in 2017 to help a friend open a restaurant, serving as the Executive Chef.
Where is Marjorie from Top Chef?
Marjorie Meek-Bradley is the Executive Chef at St. Anselm in Washington, D.C. where she brings her fresh creativity and broad experience to both concepts.
What happened to Kwame from Top Chef?
But unfortunately, the relationship didn’t last. According to US Weekly, Kwame and Mya ended things sometime around December 2020 or January 2021. The two had been engaged for five years at the time. Fans of Mya may know her for more than her relationship with Kwame.
Where is Amar Santana now?
Amar Santana serves as the Executive Chef and Partner at Broadway By Amar Santana in Laguna Beach, CA and Vaca in Costa Mesa, CA. Born in the Dominican Republic, he immigrated to the US at the age of 13 and began his culinary career at 16.
Where is Jeremy from Top Chef now?
Now, he’s the Executive Chef at the Miami Beach restaurant and looks happier than ever. He’s also participated in some cool events like Top Chef at Sea with Celebrity Cruises. The ship life is really for Jeremy!
Top Chef’s Philip Frankland Lee on Receiving a Michelin Star
Images related to the topicTop Chef’s Philip Frankland Lee on Receiving a Michelin Star
See some more details on the topic Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Find His Age and Wikipedia here:
Chef Phillip Frankland Lee: Find His Age and Wikipedia
Phillip Frankland Lee is an American chef. He began his career as a dishwasher at 18 and quickly rose from the ranks working under some of the country’s.
Date Published: 5/5/2022
Phillip Frankland Lee Height, Weight, Net Worth, Age, Birthday …
Phillip Frankland Lee is an eatery gourmet specialist and a previous competitor in the cooking unscripted TV drama named Top Chef.
Date Published: 6/26/2021
Top Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Wikipedia,His Wife Margarita …
Phillip Frankland Lee and his wife Margarita Kallas Lee Age Gap doesn’t seem to be more than 2-3 years. They have been married for almost nine …
Date Published: 5/21/2021
Top Chef: California – Wikipedia
Top Chef: California is the thirteenth season of the American reality television series Top Chef. The season was announced by Bravo on April 14, 2015.
Date Published: 11/7/2022
Top Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Wikipedia,His Wife Margarita Kallas Lee And Their Age Gap.
Top chef Phillip Frankland Lee Wikipedia, his wife Margarita Kallas Lee and their age difference.
Phillip Frankland Lee and his wife Margarita Kallas Lee age difference does not seem to be more than 2-3 years. They have been married for almost nine years but have known each other since seventh grade.
Phillip and Margarita operate multiple restaurants in Southern California to provide unique drinking and dining experiences.
Chef Phillip Frankland Lee started his career as a dishwasher when he was 18.
Lee quickly rose through the ranks and worked under some of the top chefs in the country.
Phillip became sous chef at 21 and rose to executive chef at 24.
He became a chef and owner at age 25 when he opened his first solo restaurant.
Top Chef: Phillip Frankland Lee & Margarita Kallas explored the Lee Age Gap
The age difference between Phillip Frankland Lee and his wife Margarita Kallas Lee does not seem to be more than 2-3 years. They’ve known each other since seventh grade.
Phillip is 28 years old, according to BravoTV, and is likely the same age as his wife, Margarita Kallas Lee.
Phillip is the owner of The Gadarene Swine, a vegan restaurant in Studio City.
He moves his Beverly Hills restaurant Scratch Bar to Encino.
Many websites, such as B. Zagat’s 30 Under 30 rankings, featured Chef Phillip and his facilities.
Lee was also named one of San Pellegrino’s “Best Young Chefs in America.”
Chopped, Guy’s Grocery Games, and Cutthroat Kitchen are among the cooking competitions Phillip has won.
Phillip’s mission is to make world-class fine dining more accessible, affordable, fun and nutritious.
What Is Phillip Frankland Lee And His Wife Margarita Kallas Lee Net Worth?
Phillip Frankland Lee and his wife Margarita Kallas Lee are said to be wealthy between $500,000 and $1 million.
Phillip Frankland Lee wanted to return to his roots after opening restaurants in Hollywood and Beverly Hills.
In the San Fernando Valley, the Lee couple decided to run a bar and restaurant.
They’ve grown their restaurant business and passed their message to 805.
They’ve also opened two restaurants at the Montecito Inn, with a third in the pipeline.
On the Central Coast, restaurants offer a wide variety of cuisines.
Phillip Frankland Lee Wikipedia details
Phillip Frankland Lee is Executive Chef/Owner of The Gadarene Swine and Scratch|Bar and rose to fame as a celebrity chef after starring on Bravo TV cookery show Top Chef.
Born in Los Angeles, California, he reinvigorated his professional chef education and training at Le Cordon Bleu.
Phillip is widely acclaimed as a chef along with his wife Lee and has many ventures such as Sushi By Scratch Restaurant, Pasta Barla, Pasta Baraustin and several more.
One of their restaurants at the hotel, The Silver Bough, is a more exclusive experience that has been described as “Narnia,” and the couple say it’s “an exercise in opulence.”
Top Chef California
total no. in
Season Title Original Air Date
189 1 “Stop the Press” December 2, 2015 ( )
Quickfire Challenge (Part 1): Seventeen chefs were flown to Los Angeles to begin a six-city expedition across California. Contestants competed in a mise-en-place race to start the competition. They were presented with five Californian ingredients: asparagus, artichokes, oranges, chicken and eggs. Based on their skills, the chefs had to decide which ingredient to prepare; Each set of ingredients was available on a first come, first served basis. The first nine chefs to complete their tasks advanced to the second round. Quickfire Challenge (Part 2): The chefs, divided into three teams, had to work together to create a single dish using one of the prepared ingredients from the previous round. The chefs took turns cooking their team’s dish, but each had only ten minutes. The cooks waiting for their turn had to wear blindfolds. Also, teammates were not allowed to talk to each other about the direction of their dishes. The members of the winning team received immunity from elimination. Red Team: Jason, Jeremy, Wesley
Green team: Carl, Grayson, Isaac
Team Blue: Amar, Frances, Renee Winner: Team Blue (Sweet and Sour Chicken with Marinated Coleslaw)
Elimination Challenge: The chefs served 200 guests at a dineLA showcase at Lake Hollywood Park. Participants were allowed to prepare any dish that suited their culinary style. Guests, including food critics and bloggers from across the state, rated the chefs’ dishes. Their average scores determined which chefs were eligible to win and lose the challenge. From the pool of eligible participants, the jury then decided on their most popular and least popular dishes. Isaac – Grandmother’s Shrimp Court Bouillon
– Grandma’s Shrimp Court Bouillon Angelina – Goat’s Cheese Croquette with Smoked Romesco & Caramelized Parsnip Puree
– Goat Cheese Croquettes with Smoked Romesco & Caramelized Parsnip Garret – Vietnamese Chicken Brodo
– Vietnamese Chicken Brodo Renee – Citrus marinated pork with polenta
– Citrus Marinated Pork with Polenta Kwame – Spicy Romaine Mah Haw with shrimp, pork, charred pineapple and roasted peanuts
– Spicy Romaine Mah Haw with Shrimp, Pork, Charred Pineapple and Roasted Peanuts Amar – Spicy Sherry Glazed Pork Belly Meatball with Celery Cream Cheese
– Spicy Sherry Glazed Pork Belly Meatball with Celery Cream Cheese Karen – Salmon and Apple Tartare with Pomegranate Pickled Cherries and Szechuan Walnuts
– Salmon & Apple Tartare with Pomegranate Pickled Cherries & Szechuan Grayson Walnuts – Pork & Veal Meatballs with Spicy Tomato Sauce & Gremolata
– Pork and veal meatballs with spicy tomato sauce and Gremolata Carl – Spiced carrot soup
– Spiced Carrot Soup Jeremy – Pacific Snapper Crudo with Kombu Gel & Lime Zest
– Pacific Snapper Crudo with Kombu Gel & Wesley Lime Zest – Prawns & Clams with Mustard Potato Salad
– Shrimp & Clams with Mustard Potato Salad Phillip – California produce with flavors of the Pacific
– Californian products with Pacific flavors Giselle – Cauliflower Almond Soup
– Cauliflower-almond soup Marjorie – Lamb tartare with smoked egg yolk, grated vegetables and herb salad
– Lamb tartare with smoked egg yolk, shredded vegetables and herb salad Jason – Poached heirloom chicken with salsa Apicius
– Poached Heirloom Chicken with Salsa Apicius Chad – Tangerine Aguachile with Scallop and Shrimp Cake
– Mandarin Aguachile with Scallop and Shrimp Pie Frances – Mung Bean Soup with Bitter Melon Winner: Jeremy (Pacific Snapper Crudo with Kombu Gel and Lime Zest) Eliminated: Garret (Vietnamese Chicken Brodo)
– Mung bean soup with bitter melon
190 2 “Pop Up Pandemonium” December 3, 2015 ( )
Elimination Challenge: The chefs were asked to meet on the roof of their hotel, where they were greeted by Lakshmi and guest judge Ludo Lefebvre. Divided into four teams, the contestants were tasked with opening pop-up restaurants across the city of Los Angeles. Each team had to create a menu that embodied the neighborhood in which their restaurant was located. Orange Team (vegan): Frances, Grayson, Phillip, Renee
Blue Team (Mexican): Chad, Jeremy, Kwame, Wesley
Purple Team (Korean): Carl, Giselle, Jason, Karen
Gray Team (Persian): Amar, Angelina, Isaac, Marjorie Winner: Marjorie (Yogurt Mousse with Pistachio Biscuit & Saffron Orange Syrup) Eliminated: Renee (Stuffed Beets with Tofu, Roasted Cashews & Bitter Green Spring Sauce)
191 3 “Spricks and Vines” December 10, 2015 ( )
Sudden Death Quickfire Challenge: Competitors embarked on their California road trip to the first destination of the season: Santa Barbara. Upon arrival at Sanford Winery, Lakshmi and guest judge Dana Cowin had the chefs create a dish with uni that would pair well with a Sanford wine. The winner received immunity before elimination. Jeremy – Wine: Chardonnay; Opah with sour apple, cucumber, radish vinaigrette
– Wine: Chardonnay; Opah with Sour Apple, Cucumber, Radish Vinaigrette Angelina – Wine: Chardonnay; Cacio e Pepe with Uni Butter & Parmesan
– Wine: Chardonnay; Cacio e Pepe with Uni Butter & Parmesan Grayson – Wine: Viognier; Crab Salad with Cucumber, Grapefruit & Uni
– Wine: Viognier; Crab Salad with Cucumber, Grapefruit & Uni Jason – Wine: Chardonnay; Salpicon Seafood Salad with Jumbo Crab
– Wine: Chardonnay; Salpicon Seafood Salad with Jumbo Crab Karen – Wine: Chardonnay; Seafood Hot & Sour soup with whipped cream Uni
– Wine: Chardonnay; Seafood Hot & Sour soup with whipped Uni Giselle – Wine: Chardonnay; Potato with onion jam & Uni
– Wine: Chardonnay; Potato with onion jam & Uni Carl – Wine: Chardonnay; Sea urchin omelet with herbs & green chili
– Wine: Chardonnay; Sea Urchin Lomelette with Herbs & Green Chili Amar – Wine: Pinot Noir-Vin Gris; Uni with shitake tempura & lime ricotta cheese
– Wine: Pinot Noir Vin Gris; Uni with Shitake Tempura & Lime Ricotta Cheese Frances – Wine: Viognier; Coconut curry with Uni & Yuzu pickled apple
– Wine: Viognier; Coconut Curry with Uni & Yuzu Pickled Apple Wesley – Wine: Chardonnay; Creamed Corn with Uni, Fennel, Roe & Scallop
– Wine: Chardonnay; Creamed Corn with Uni, Fennel, Roe and Scallop Chad – Wine: Pinot Blanc; Asian goulash with uni
– Wine: Pinot Blanc; Asian Goulash with Uni Isaac – Wine: Pinot Noir-Vin Gris; Marjorie, Kwame and Phillip’s Uni Potato Salad Dishes were not shown. Winner: Grayson (Wine: Viognier; Crab Salad with Cucumber, Grapefruit & Uni) Sudden Death Cook-Off Challenge: Giselle, who prepared the judges’ least favorite dish, had to choose another cook to compete against in a Sudden Death Cook-Off Challenge Off could compete with ostrich eggs. If Giselle lost to her challenger, she would be eliminated from the competition. She decided to compete against Angelina. Winner: Giselle (Soft Ostrich Scrambled Eggs with Avocado Chipotle Salsa)
(Wine: Viognier; Crab Salad with Cucumber, Grapefruit & Uni) Elimination Challenge: The chefs were initially paired to work together on surf-and-turf dishes. However, after arriving at Bacara Resort and Spa, the couples were told they would instead compete in a “surf vs. turf” competition. As the winner of the Quickfire, Grayson could choose which pair he would team up with to form a group of three. Dishes were presented to a table of guest judges including chefs Cat Cora, Jon Shook, Vinny Dotolo, Suzanne Goin and Michael Cimarusti. The guest judges voted on which chef won each head-to-head; Winners were eligible to win the challenge while losers were eligible for elimination. From the pool of eligible participants, the regular jury then decided on their favorite and least popular dishes. The winner received their own cask of wine from Sanford Winery. Amar vs Wesley vs Grayson Amar – Olive oil poached halibut with no egg Béarnaise, asparagus and morels Wesley – Sous vide ribeye with asparagus puree and morels Grayson – Lacquered pork belly with spiced mashed carrots
Jeremy vs. Phillip Jeremy – Roasted Santa Barbara Spot Prawns with Potato Gnocchi and English Peas Phillip – Center-Cut Ribeye with Mashed Rutabaga and Nori Beurre Blanc
vs. Phillip Angelina vs. Giselle Angelina – Marinated mussels with Escabèche sauce, fennel and leek puree & potatoes Giselle – Quail with cucumber and radish salad & tamarindo sauce
Kwame vs. Chad Kwame – Rock Crab Salad, Turmeric, Asparagus and Radish Chad – Roasted Lamb with Spicy Beans, Honey and Orange Varnish and Asparagus Mint Puree
vs. Chad Isaac vs. Carl Isaac – Fennel Crusted Halibut, English Peas & Brown Butter Hollandaise Carl – Roast Chicken Thigh with Prosciutto & English Peas
Karen vs Marjorie Karen – Seared cod with carrot and orange puree, blood orange vinaigrette and roasted carrots Marjorie – Seared pork loin with olive oil, shredded potatoes, glazed vegetables and citrus gremolata
vs. Marjorie Jason vs. Frances Jason – Grilled Pork Loin with Steamed Crudites, Thai-Style Egg and Green Bean Salad Frances – Ginger Glazed Black Cod with Jicama Cucumber Relish and Roasted Pumpkin Winner: Kwame (crab salad, turmeric, asparagus and radish ) Eliminated : Frances (Ginger Glazed Black Cod with Jicama Cucumber Relish & Roasted Pumpkin)
192 4 “It’s Dry Heat” December 17, 2015 ( )
Quickfire Challenge: The chefs traveled to their next destination: Palm Springs. After a jeep tour of the San Andreas fault line, participants had to prepare dishes using solar-powered equipment for Lakshmi and guest judge José Andrés. After a random knife draw, the chefs were assigned either a solar cooker or a solar oven. The winner received immunity from being eliminated, a $10,000 donation to World Central Kitchen on their behalf, and one of the portable solar cookers from the challenge. Isaac – Hatch Pepper & Manchego Cheese Cornbread with Smoked Butter and Vanilla Milk
– Cornbread with Peppers and Manchego Cheese, Smoked Butter and Vanilla Milk Jeremy – Roasted Halibut with Pickled Mushrooms and Habanero Tomato Vinaigrette
– Roasted halibut with pickled mushrooms and habanero tomato vinaigrette Carl – Bacon wrapped dates with chorizo and pistachios
– Bacon Wrapped Dates with Chorizo and Pistachio Grayson – Skirt Steak with Fresh Tomato Salsa and Goat Cheese
– Skirt steak with fresh tomato salsa & Giselle goat cheese – Mediterranean couscous salad with roasted asparagus & bacon
– Mediterranean couscous salad with roasted asparagus and bacon Jason – Insalata russa with scallops, asparagus and potatoes
– Insalata Russa with Scallops, Asparagus and Marjorie Potatoes – Halibut Puttanesca
– Halibut Puttanesca Amar – Shrimps marinated in achiote with panzanella salad and romesco sauce
– Achiote marinated shrimp with panzanella salad and romesco sauce Wesley – Shrimp with coconut broth, lemongrass, sautéed mushrooms and pickled red onions
– Shrimps with Coconut Broth, Lemongrass, Sauteed Mushrooms & Pickled Red Onions Phillip – Italian Sausage with Raw Oyster & Coconut Chamomile Dishes from Kwame, Karen, Chad & Angelina were not featured Winner: Wesley (Shrimps with Coconut Broth, Lemongrass, Sauteed Mushrooms & Pickled Red Onion) Elimination Challenge: The cooks were split into two teams based on the equipment they used during the Quickfire Challenge. The teams had to prepare a progressive four course meal that started with an appetizer and ended with a dessert which was served at the PGA West golf course for Lakshmi, Colicchio, Blais and various guests including José Andrés, Mary Sue Milliken, and John Besch. The chefs did not have access to a kitchen and were forced to serve their dishes from refreshment carts. Orange Team: Amar, Angelina, Chad, Giselle, Grayson, Isaac, Kwame First Course: Kwame & Chad – Marinated Swordfish with Tuna & Sweet Potato Emulsion Second Course: Grayson & Angelina – Avocado, Chorizo, Prawns & Corn Third Course: Wesley & Carl – Roast Pork Loin with Yoghurt, Green Chili, Apple and Grapes Fourth Course: Isaac – Grapefruit sabayon with tequila whipped cream and lemon shortbread almond crumble
Blue Team: Carl, Jason, Jeremy, Karen, Marjorie, Phillip, Wesley First Course: Jeremy & Karen – citrus marinated halibut with kumquats, passion fruit caviar and avocado mousse Second Course: Jason & Marjorie – grilled shrimp with summer squash, roasted eggplant puree & tomato- Celery Salad Third Course: Giselle & Amar – New York Strip with Spices & Bacon Asparagus Potato Salad & Salsa Verde Fourth Course: Phillip – Coconut Pudding with Strawberries, Basil & Rum Lime Air Winner: Jeremy (Citrus Marinated Halibut with Kumquats, Passion Fruit Caviar & Avocado Mousse) Eliminated: Grayson (Avocado, Chorizo, Shrimp & Corn)
193 5 “Big Gay Wedding” January 7, 2016 ( )
Quickfire Challenge: The chefs had to create a dish that would highlight dates inspired by their most memorable romantic date for Lakshmi and guest judge Chrissy Teigen. The winner received immunity before elimination. Isaac – Chicken Ballotine with Medjool Date Sauce
– Chicken Ballotine with Medjool Date Sauce Amar – Stuffed Medjool dates with chorizo, bacon, toasted almonds and blue cheese
– Stuffed Medjool dates with chorizo, bacon, roasted almonds and blue cheese Chad – Pan-seared halibut, orange salsa verde and pine nut date foam
– Pan Seared Halibut, Orange Salsa Verde & Pine Nut Date Foam Jeremy – Pork Tenderloin with Chilis & Medjool Dates
– Pork fillet with chillies & Medjool dates Angelina – Branzino with quinoa, fennel, rocket salad & Medjool date vinaigrette
– Branzino with Quinoa, Fennel, Arugula Salad & Medjool Date Vinaigrette Wesley – Braised Dates with Fennel, Orange & Goat Cheese
– Braised Dates with Fennel, Orange & Goat Cheese Jason – Roasted Baby Carrots with Deglet Nour Dates, Brown Butter & Pine Nuts
– Roasted Baby Carrots with Deglet Nour Dates, Brown Butter and Pine Nuts Kwame – Goan Fish Curry with Boiled Potatoes and Naan
– Goan Fish Curry with Boiled Potatoes and Naan Karen – Blue Cheese Stuffed Hot Dates with Date Tomato Sauce and Smoked Cinnamon Hazelnuts
– Blue Cheese Stuffed Hot Dates with Date Tomato Sauce & Smoked Cinnamon Hazelnuts Carl – Date Milkshake
– Date milkshake Giselle – Date salad with pork sausage, arugula, sweet and tangy pecans and watercress
– Date salad with pork sausage, arugula, sweet and tangy pecans and watercress Phillip – Tuna crudo with peach and Zahidi date sauce Marjorie’s dish was not shown. Winner: Jason (Roasted Baby Carrots with Deglet Nour Dates, Brown Butter & Pine Nuts) Elimination Challenge: As a team, the chefs organized a wedding reception for 25 gay couples, including guest judge Art Smith, Top Chef: Miami contestant and Top Chef Producer Sandee Birdsong and top chef: New York contestant Richard Sweeney. Amar & Chad – Sherry glazed pork belly with smoked orange marmalade, pickled fennel, onions and smoked salt
– Sherry Glazed Pork Belly with Smoked Orange Marmalade, Pickled Fennel, Onions and Smoked Salt Jeremy – Citrus Roasted Carrots with Harissa Yogurt, Shredded Radish and Baby Cabbage
– Citrus roasted carrots with harissa yogurt, shaved radish and baby cabbage Wesley & Kwame – Pickled shrimp with cucumber and onion salad, citrus vinaigrette and cashews
– Pickled Prawns with Cucumber Onion Salad, Citrus Vinaigrette & Cashews Jason & Angelina – Chard Stuffed with Braised Chicken & Caramelized Honey Sauce
– Chard Stuffed with Braised Chicken and Caramelized Honey Sauce Isaac – Dirty Rice with Smoked Chicken and Jalapeño Sausage
– Dirty Rice with Smoked Chicken and Jalapeño Sausage Karen & Giselle – Charred Eggplant Puree with Asparagus, Smoked Mushrooms, Citrus Vinaigrette and Kumquats
– Charred eggplant puree with asparagus, smoked mushrooms, citrus vinaigrette and kumquats Phillip & Kwame – New York steak center with potato cream and eggplant tomato relish
– Center Cut New York Steak with Cream Potatoes & Aubergine Tomato Relish Marjorie & Carl – Grilled Apricots with Cherries, Mascarpone Cheese & Hazelnuts Winner: Kwame (Pickled Prawns with Cucumber Onion Salad, Citrus Vinaigrette & Cashews) Eliminated: Giselle (Charred Eggplant Puree with Asparagus, Smoked Mushrooms, Citrus Vinaigrette & Kumquats)
– Grilled apricots with cherries, mascarpone cheese and hazelnuts
194 6 “Banannaise” January 14, 2016 ( )
Sudden Death Quickfire Challenge: The competition moved to San Diego for its next road trip destination. The contestants met Lakshmi and guest judge Javier Plascencia at the Tuna Port outside of Seaport Village, where they were given the task of making fish tacos. The winner received immunity before elimination. Kwame – Wahoo Taco with Truffle Cream and Chipotle Salsa
– Wahoo taco with truffle cream and chipotle salsa Phillip – Yellowfin taco with seared foie gras, caviar, truffle and chili
– Yellowfin taco with seared foie gras, caviar, truffle and chile jason – Yellowfin tuna and black summer truffle taco with jalapeño, dill and ginger
– Yellowfin tuna and black summer truffle taco with jalapeño, dill and ginger Karen – Oyster taco with kimchi sesame salsa, pickled red cabbage and avocado
– Oyster taco with kimchi sesame salsa, pickled red cabbage and avocado isaac
– Cornmeal Fried Softshell Crab Taco with Cane Sugar Vinaigrette & Marinated Tomato Wesley – Apple Mango Taco with Fried Tortilla & Lobster
– Apple mango taco with fried tortilla and lobster amar – Beer battered ono taco with guacamole and marinated cabbage, cilantro and jalapeño
– Beer-battered ono-taco with guacamole and marinated cabbage, cilantro and jalapeño marjorie
– Grilled Wahoo (Ono) Taco with Truffled Melted Leek & Radish Citrus Salsa Chad – Grilled Thresher Shark Taco with Oyster Sea Urchin Salsa & Sal de Gusano
– Grilled Thresher Shark Taco with Oyster and Sea Urchin Salsa and Sal de Gusano Carl – Roasted Bay Scallop Taco with Poblano and Tomatillo Angelina couldn’t get her meal on time. Jeremy’s dish was not shown. Winner: Chad (Grilled Thresher Shark Taco with Oyster Sea Urchin Salsa and Sal de Gusano) Sudden Death Cook-Off Challenge: Angelina, who failed to get her food on the plate for the judging, suddenly had to choose a different cook , which she could face off against Death Cook-Off, which uses only the ingredients of a Caesar salad. If Angelina lost to her challenger, she would be eliminated from the competition. She decided to compete against Wesley. Winner: Wesley (Fried Egg with Anchovy Tartar Sauce, Grilled Romaine, Croutons & Lime Zest) Eliminated: Angelina (Crostini with Garlic, Olive Oil, Dijon Vinaigrette, Grilled Romaine & Anchovy)
(Grilled Thresher Shark Taco with Oyster and Sea Urchin Salsa and Sal de Gusano) Elimination Challenge: Lakshmi, Colicchio, Lagasse and Blais handed out their own craft beer specialties to the contestants, each containing different flavors. The chefs were responsible for capturing the essence of the beers in their dishes. Dishes were served to the four judges and two guests, Steve Gonzales of Stone Brewing Co. and Yuseff Cherney of Ballast Point Brewing Company, who worked with the judges on their microbreweries. Red Team (Blais: Beets, Chocolate, Ras el Hanout): Jeremy, Karen, Wesley Karen – Roasted Duck Breast with Cacao Nib Mashed Beet & Ras el Hanout Roasted Carrots Wesley – Lamb with Roasted Beet Mashed & Ras el Hanout Roasted Carrots Jeremy – Duck with Chocolate Granola , Habanero Ras el Hanout Pickled Beets & Pickled Blueberry Hibiscus Reduction
Blue Team (Colicchio: Lemon, Cilantro, Banana): Isaac, Jason, Kwame Isaac – Corn and crab velouté with crispy potato, king crab salad and sriracha banana sauce Pork and squid meatballs with grilled marinated squid, carrot wheat beer sauce and salsa povera
Green Team (Lagasse: coffee, cayenne pepper, tangerine): Carl, Marjorie, Phillip Marjorie – Roasted potato gnocchi with chicken ragout & roasted mushrooms Phillip – Roasted duck breast with rutabaga puree Carl – Grilled short rib with ancho chile, coffee and dried cherry salsa
Yellow Team (Lakshmi: Jalapeño, Ginger, Tamarind): Amar, Chad Chad – Carrot Herb Roasted Opah with Ginger Hominy Jalapeño Puree & Glazed Tamarind Carrot Amar – Sous Vide Chicken Breast, Crispy Chicken Thigh, Jalapeño Popper & Tamarind Ginger Chutney Winner: Karen (Roasted Duck Breast with Cacao Nib Beet Mashed & Ras el Hanout-Fried Carrots) Eliminated: Wesley (Lamb with Roasted Beet Mashed & Ras el Hanout-Fried Carrots)
195 7 “Back in the Day” January 21, 2016 ( )
Quickfire Challenge: The contestants returned to Los Angeles. The ten remaining chefs each had 20 seconds to select an ingredient from Top Chef’s pantry; Those ten ingredients were the only items they were allowed to use. The chefs chose steak, chicken, jalapeños, salt, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes and celery. Her dishes were served to Lakshmi and Top Chef: Chicago and Top Chef: All-Stars finalist Antonia Lofaso. The winner received immunity before elimination. Kwame – Grilled chicken with tomato sauce and celery
– Seared Chicken with Tomato Sauce & Celery Jason – Raw Mushroom Salad with Shredded Celery & Chicken Fat Vinaigrette
– Raw mushroom salad with grated celery and chicken fat vinaigrette Amar – Chicken breast with roasted tomato and celery vinaigrette & mushrooms à la Grecque
– Chicken breast with fried tomato and celery vinaigrette and mushrooms a la Grecque Marjorie – Heirloom tomato salad with fried steak and celery and jalapeño vinaigrette
– Tomato salad with seared steak and celery jalapeño vinaigrette Chad – Grilled New York steak with marinated mushrooms, tomato seeds and pickled jalapeño
– Grilled New York steak with marinated mushrooms, tomato seeds and pickled jalapeño Isaac – Seared beef carpaccio with shaved jalapeño, mushrooms and concentrated tomato
– Roasted beef carpaccio with shaved jalapeño, mushrooms and concentrated tomato Phillip – Tomato with center tartare, roasted jalapeño, mushrooms, garlic and celery
– Tomato with center tartare, roasted jalapeño, mushrooms, garlic and celery Jeremy – Sliced beef with crispy mushroom and garlic vinaigrette
– Shaved Beef with Crispy Mushroom Garlic Vinaigrette Karen – Grilled Steak Salad with grilled and raw celery and jalapeño vinaigrette
– Grilled Steak Salad with Grilled and Raw Celery and Jalapeño Vinaigrette Carl – Fried New York Stripes with Tomato Confection, Grilled and Raw Jalapeño Winner: Jeremy (Sliced Beef with Crispy Mushroom and Garlic Vinaigrette)
– Pan-Roasted New York Strip with Tomato Confit, Grilled & Raw Jalapeño Elimination Challenge: In honor of the show’s tenth anniversary, the chefs had to create a dish that represented them ten years ago. Dishes were served in the Top Chef kitchen at a table composed of regular judges Lakshmi, Colicchio, Simmons and Blais; Quickfire Challenge guest judge Lofaso; and various other guests including Kris Yenbamroong, Zach Pollack, Nancy Silverton, Top Chef: Las Vegas winner Michael Voltaggio and Top Chef: Boston winner Mei Lin. Marjorie – Roasted halibut with grilled and roasted vegetables and green curry sauce
– Roasted halibut with grilled and roasted vegetables and green curry sauce Chad – Shrimp ceviche with tomato concasse, shrimp crackers, pickled serrano, olives and capers
– Shrimp ceviche with tomato concasse, shrimp crackers, pickled serrano, olives and caper isaac – Duck gumbo with toasted jalapeño andouille sausage, crispy rice cake and duck crackling
Jason – Poached trout with roast beets, spring vegetable salad and goat’s milk vinaigrette
– Poached trout with roast beets, spring vegetable salad & goat’s milk vinaigrette Karen – Orecchiette with pork stew & broccoli Rabe
– Orecchiette with pork stew & broccoli Rabe Amar – Butter poached lobster with sautéed bok choy, tapioca coconut curry & tempura onion rings
– Butter poached lobster with sautéed bok choy, tapioca coconut curry and tempura onion rings Carl – California vegetable fricassee, burgundy snails and egg
– Californian Vegetable Fricassee, Burgundy Snails and Egg Phillip – Ceviche Mixto with Tiger Prawns, Halibut, Razor Clams and Squid
– Ceviche mixto with tiger prawns, halibut, razor clams and squid Jeremy – Lobster ravioli with shellfish sauce and king salmon
– Lobster Ravioli with Shellfish Sauce & King Salmon Kwame – Jerk Broccoli with Cornbread Pudding & Smokey Blue Cheese & Goats Milk Vinaigrette)
– Jerk Broccoli with Corn Bread Pudding & Smokey Blue Cheese
196 8 “Where’s the beef?” January 28, 2016 ( )
Quickfire Challenge: The contestants were tasked with creating visually appealing food porn featuring junk food by Lakshmi and Instagram star Jacques La Merde, who was later revealed to be a pseudonym for chef Christine Flynn. The chef with the dish that garnered the most likes on Bravo’s Instagram account has been warned of elimination. Due to the nature of the challenge, the winner was only notified of their victory during the Judges’ Table segment of the Elimination Challenge. Winner: Karen Elimination Challenge: The chefs, divided into three teams, had to host a black-tie bacchanalian event called Beefsteak, where guests forgo cutlery and eat with their hands. Each team was responsible for preparing a meat dish, a seafood dish and two side dishes. Dishes were served by Lakshmi, Colicchio, Hugh Acheson, Beefsteak co-founder and executive producer of The Simpsons, Matt Selman, Recipe for Deception host Max Silvestri, actor Colin Hanks, Top Chef Masters winner Chris Cosentino and other guests. Red Team: Carl, Karen, Kwame Carl & Karen – Roast Sirloin with Romesco Kwame – Peel and eat prawns with aromatic butter Karen – Asparagus with chorizo; Potatoes & Olives
Blue Team: Chad, Isaac, Marjorie Isaac – Sausage with chicken and bacon with grilled cabbage
Green Team: Amar, Jeremy, Phillip Phillip – New Zealand Rack of Lamb with Plum Jam Amar – Grilled Halibut with Mustard Viaigrette, Cucumber and Pickled Red Onions Jeremy – Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Sweet and Sour Sauce and Coriander; Roasted Carrots with Spiced Yogurt Winner: Phillip (New Zealand Rack of Lamb with Plum Jam) Eliminated: Chad (Ash Seared Tuna with Citrus, Pickled Beets, Radish and Black Sesame)
197 9 “Restaurant Wars, Part 1” February 4, 2016 ( )
Elimination Challenge (Part 1): The eight remaining chefs competed in Top Chef’s traditional Restaurant Wars challenge. Divided into two teams, the participants were responsible for turning an empty space into a fully functional pop-up restaurant within 24 hours. However, instead of the typical format, each team had to conduct both lunch and dinner. In addition, each person had to rotate as chef or front-of-the-house during one of the two shifts. The judges for both parts of the challenge consisted of Lakshmi, Colicchio, Simmons and restaurateur Bill Chait. District LA: Amar, Jeremy, Kwame, Phillip Starter: Arugula Salad with Grilled Asparagus, Crispy Egg, and Truffle Vinaigrette (Jeremy); Corn and Sage Velouté with Pancetta (Kwame) Starter: Roasted Salmon with Ratatouille and Greek Yogurt (Phillip); Fried chicken breast with polenta & wild mushroom ragout (Amar)
Amar, Jeremy, Kwame, Phillip Palates: Carl, Isaac, Karen, Marjorie Starters: Pork and bacon terrine with haricot vert, salad, prosciutto, salumi and golden raisins (Carl); Marinated Beets with Pickled Cauliflower, Baby Greens and Shredded Garrotxa (Marjorie) Starter: Flank Steak Salad with Carrots, Daikon, Jicama, Cabbage, Papaya, Peanuts and Herbs (Karen); Seafood stew with cod, prawns, mussels and mussels (Isaac)
Carl, Isaac, Karen, Marjorie
198 10 “Restaurant Wars, Part 2” February 11, 2016 ( )
Elimination Challenge (Part 2): After the lunchtime services from the previous episode, the teams moved on to their dinner menus. District LA: Amar, Jeremy, Kwame, Phillip Apéritif: “Bangkok Dangerous” (Phillip) Amuse-bouche: Beetroot hamachi with avocado mousse, Osetra caviar and celery-lime emulsion (Kwame) First course: Avocado Gazpacho mit Königskrabbensalat, Zitronenpudding & frittierte Tortilla (Amar); Erdbeeren, eingelegte Gurken, geröstete Rüben, Rucola und Erdbeer-Champagner-Gazpacho (Phillips) Zweiter Gang: Gebratener Amish-Hähnchenschenkel mit Blumenkohl, San-Marzano-Sauce und Marcona-Mandel (Kwame); Artischockenrisotto mit knuspriger Schalotte und Olivenöl aus Marin County (Jeremy) Dritter Gang: Langsam geschmorter Schweinebauch mit BBQ-Sauce Consommé, Urtomaten und geraspelten Erbsen (Amar); Dry-Aged Rib Eye mit Selleriewurzel-Miso-Püree, Miso-Butter & Sommerkürbis (Jeremy)
Amar, Jeremy, Kwame, Phillip Gaumen: Carl, Isaac, Karen, Marjorie Vorspeise: Parmesan-Petersilie-Knoblauch-Brot (Marjorie) Erster Gang: Ochsenschwanz-Consommé mit Kutteln, Tortellini & Pilzen (Carl & Karen); Snapper Crudo mit Gurke, Ingwer und Trauben (Carl) Zweiter Gang: Gefüllte Forelle mit Kokosreis und Urtomaten (Karen); Geschmorte Lammschulter mit Couscous, eingelegtem Fenchel und Orange (Isaac) Dritter Gang: Rogue Creamery Blauschimmelkäse, Datteln, Pekannüsse und Pflaumen (Marjorie); Kalifornische Beerensuppe mit Buttermilch-Panna Cotta, Vanille und Macadamianüssen (Marjorie) Gewinner: Isaac Ausgeschieden: Phillip
Carl, Isaac, Karen, Marjorie
199 11 „Hammerzeit“ 18. Februar 2016 ( )
200 12 “Wok This Way” 25. Februar 2016 ( )
Quickfire Challenge: Die Köche mussten ihr bestes Chop-Suey-Gericht für Lakshmi und Gastjuror Martin Yan zubereiten. Jeder Teilnehmer erhielt 30 Minuten und seine eigenen Wok-Stationen. Anstelle von Immunität erhielt der Gewinner während der Elimination Challenge einen Vorteil. Jeremy – Dungeness Crab Stir-Fr mit Bok Choy, rotem Thai-Chili, langen Bohnen und Zwiebeln auf Reis
– Dungeness Crab Stir-Fr mit Bok Choy, rotem Thai-Chili, langen Bohnen und Zwiebeln auf Reis-Marjorie – Hummer-Chop-Suey mit Ingwer, Thai-Chili, Orange und frischem Gemüse auf Reis
– Hummer-Chop-Suey mit Ingwer, Thai-Chili, Orange und frischem Gemüse auf Reis Carl – Hummer nach Szechuan-Art mit Kaiserschoten, Ingwer, Chilis und Jakobsmuscheln
– Hummer nach Sichuan-Art mit Kaiserschoten, Ingwer, Chilis & Jakobsmuscheln Amar – Schweinekotelett mit Gemüse & Sichuan-Pfefferkörnern auf gebratenem Reis
– Schweinekotelett mit Gemüse und Szechuan-Pfeffer auf gebratenem Reis Isaac – Scharfes Hähnchen von General Tso mit Grieben, Sambal, Orangensaft und Brokkoli auf Reis
– Spicy General Tso’s Chicken with Crackling, Sambal, Orange Juice & Broccoli over Rice Kwame – Chop Suey Stir-Fry mit Crispy Beef, Aubergine, Long Beans, Carrots, Cabbage & Noodles Gewinner: Marjorie (Hummer Chop Suey mit Ingwer, Thai Chili, Orange & frisches Gemüse auf Reis)
– Chop Suey Stir-Fry with Crispy Beef, Eggplant, Long Beans, Carrots, Cabbage & Noodles Elimination Challenge: The chefs had to create a dish that exemplified a concept for a fast casual restaurant. They were each given the assistance of a sous chef, consisting of the six most recently eliminated competitors: Angelina, Chad, Jason, Karen, Phillip, and Wesley. As the winner of the Quickfire, Marjorie chose her own sous chef and assigned her opponents’ sous chefs. She chose to work with Angelina and picked Jason for Jeremy, Chad for Carl, Karen for Amar, Wesley for Isaac, and Phillip for Kwame. The dishes were served at The Village event space to 150 diners and potential investors. The judging panel for the challenge included Lakshmi, Colicchio, Blais, and guest judge Adam Fleischman. Carl – Savory Med: Lamb & Piquillo Pepper Stew with Couscous, Yogurt, Feta Cheese & Fresh Herb Salad
– Savory Med: Lamb & Piquillo Pepper Stew with Couscous, Yogurt, Feta Cheese & Fresh Herb Salad Isaac – Gumbo For Y’all: Gumbe Ya Ya with Chicken & Sausage
– Gumbo For Y’all: Gumbe Ya Ya with Chicken & Sausage Kwame – Waffle Me: Whole Wheat Waffle Topped with Fried Chicken, Maple Jus, Mustard Seeds, Red Onion & Scallions
– Waffle Me: Whole Wheat Waffle Topped with Fried Chicken, Maple Jus, Mustard Seeds, Red Onion & Scallions Marjorie – Pasta Mama: House-Made Spaghetti with Olive Oil-Poached Tuna, Chili, Garlic & Lemon Bread Crumb
– Pasta Mama: House-Made Spaghetti with Olive Oil-Poached Tuna, Chili, Garlic & Lemon Bread Crumb Jeremy – Taco Dudes: “Bro Ham” Crispy Pork Belly Taco with Caramel Glaze, Savoy Cabbage Slaw, Lime Aioli & Pickled Habaneros
– Taco Dudes: “Bro Ham” Crispy Pork Belly Taco with Caramel Glaze, Savoy Cabbage Slaw, Lime Aioli & Pickled Habaneros Amar – Pio Pio: Rotisserie Chicken with Spanish Yellow Rice, Four Bean Salad & Choice of Sauce Winner: Carl (Savory Med: Lamb & Piquillo Pepper Stew with Couscous, Yogurt, Feta Cheese & Fresh Herb Salad) Eliminated: Kwame (Waffle Me: Whole Wheat Waffle Topped with Fried Chicken, Maple Jus, Mustard Seeds, Red Onion & Scallions)
– Pio Pio: Rotisserie Chicken with Spanish Yellow Rice, Four Bean Salad & Choice of Sauce
201 13 ” Where It All Started” March 3, 2016 ( )
Sudden Death Quickfire Challenge: The contestants met at the restaurant Commissary, owned by former Top Chef Masters contestant Traci Des Jardins, where they were challenged to make their best piece of toast. Instead of immunity, the winner received a Rational AG oven valued at US$16,000. Jeremy – Chicken Liver Mousse, Pickled Cherries, White Raspberries, Jalapeño & Arugula on Ciabatta
– Chicken Liver Mousse, Pickled Cherries, White Raspberries, Jalapeño & Arugula on Ciabatta Marjorie – Sourdough Baguette with Pancetta Fennel Marmalade & Dungeness Crab Salad
– Sourdough Baguette with Pancetta Fennel Marmalade & Dungeness Crab Salad Amar – Foie Gras & Duck Breast, Fig Marmalade, Balsamic Truffle Glaze & Prosciutto on Raisin Sourdough
– Foie Gras & Duck Breast, Fig Marmalade, Balsamic Truffle Glaze & Prosciutto on Raisin Sourdough Carl – Grilled Sourdough with Burrata, Blistered Cherry Tomatoes & Shrimp
– Grilled Sourdough with Burrata, Blistered Cherry Tomatoes & Shrimp Isaac – Butter-Fried Ciabatta with Pecorino, Prosciutto & Roasted Pepper Spread Winner: Jeremy (Chicken Liver Mousse, Pickled Cherries, White Raspberries, Jalapeño & Arugula on Ciabatta) Sudden Death Cook-off Challenge: The bottom two contestants, Amar and Carl, had to compete against each other in a sudden death cook-off, creating whatever dish they wanted. The chef with the fewest votes from the judges would be immediately eliminated from the competition. Winner: Carl (Thai Snapper Crudo, Corn, Nectarines, Chilis, Yellow Tomato & Rice Wine Vinegar) Eliminated: Amar (Pan-Roasted Sea Bream, Watermelon Radish, Plum Yuzu Brown Butter & Pickled Mushrooms)
– Butter-Fried Ciabatta with Pecorino, Prosciutto & Roasted Pepper Spread Elimination Challenge: The chefs had to create a tribute dish to send-off the restaurant Fleur de Lys, the venue for Top Chef’s very first Quickfire Challenge. The dishes were served to 40 VIP guests, including owner and Top Chef Masters contestant Hubert Keller, Top Chef Masters winner Chris Cosentino, and Top Chef: San Francisco winner Harold Dieterle. Isaac – Duck Ballotine, Porcini, Beluga Lentils, Broiled Figs & Aged Balsamic Cherry Gastrique
– Duck Ballotine, Porcini, Beluga Lentils, Broiled Figs & Aged Balsamic Cherry Gastrique Marjorie – Roasted Lamb Saddle with Artichoke Purée, Artichoke Barigoule & Roasted Squash, Tomatoes & Olives
– Roasted Lamb Saddle with Artichoke Purée, Artichoke Barigoule & Roasted Squash, Tomatoes & Olives Jeremy – Filet de Loup de Mer, Truffle Potato Purée, Pommes Soufflées & Heirloom Tomato
– Filet de Loup de Mer, Truffle Potato Purée, Pommes Soufflées & Heirloom Tomato Carl – Foie Gras en Gelée with Black Pepper, Strawberries & Fines Herbes Winner: Jeremy (Filet de Loup de Mer, Truffle Potato Purée, Pommes Soufflées & Heirloom Tomato) Eliminated: Carl (Foie Gras en Gelée with Black Pepper, Strawberries & Fines Herbes)
– Foie Gras en Gelée with Black Pepper, Strawberries & Fines Herbes
202 14 ” Magic Hour” March 10, 2016 ( )
Quickfire Challenge: The three remaining competitors arrived at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, for the season finale. There, the winner of Last Chance Kitchen, Amar, was reinstated into the competition. At the beginning of the challenge, each chef was dealt a random playing card displaying one of the four suits. Historically, each suit correlated to a specific class in society: spades for nobility, hearts for the clergy, diamonds for merchants, and clubs for peasants. Depending on the card they were dealt, the chefs would have to create a dish using the ingredients available to their particular class. In addition, the chefs with the higher class cards were able to use the items from the lower class pantries. To assist them with cooking, the chefs were paired up with previously eliminated contestants. Marjorie chose Karen, Isaac chose Carl, and Jeremy chose Kwame, leaving Amar with Phillip. The dishes were served to 150 guests, including their guest judge Rick Moonen. The winner received an automatic spot in the finale. Amar – Peasant: Chicken Livers & Onions with Root Vegetable Purée, Crispy Leeks & Caramelized Honey Gastrique
– Peasant: Chicken Livers & Onions with Root Vegetable Purée, Crispy Leeks & Caramelized Honey Gastrique Jeremy – Merchant: Butter Poached Chicken with Zucchini Purée, Chicken Crackling with Pickled Sweet & Hot Grapes
– Merchant: Butter Poached Chicken with Zucchini Purée, Chicken Crackling with Pickled Sweet & Hot Grapes Isaac – Clergy: Seared Black Cod with Caramelized Fennel, Eggplant & Red Wine Vinegar
– Clergy: Seared Black Cod with Caramelized Fennel, Eggplant & Red Wine Vinegar Marjorie – Royalty: Seared Salmon with Vadouvan Beurre Monté, Shaved Vegetable Salad & Meyer Lemon Purée Winner: Jeremy (Merchant: Butter Poached Chicken with Zucchini Purée, Chicken Crackling with Pickled Sweet & Hot Grapes)
– Royalty: Seared Salmon with Vadouvan Beurre Monté, Shaved Vegetable Salad & Meyer Lemon Purée Elimination Challenge: The chefs had to put on an entertaining performance while cooking for Lakshmi, Colicchio, Simmons, and guest judges Julian Serrano and David Copperfield. Winner: Amar (Squab, White Chocolate Truffle Ganache, Whipped Balsamic, Mole Sauce & Potato “Onion” Ring)
(Squab, White Chocolate Truffle Ganache, Whipped Balsamic, Mole Sauce & Potato “Onion” Ring) Eliminated: Marjorie (Roasted Duck à l’Orange with Braised Endive, Caramelized Romesco & Fennel Purée) and Isaac (“Chicken Fried Steak” Dry-Aged Rib Eye with Crispy Hen Skin, Quadruple Fennel Purée & Yuzu Hollandaise)
203 15 ” Finale” March 17, 2016 ( )
Phillip Frankland Lee
Chef Phillip Frankland Lee began his career as a dishwasher at the age of 18 and quickly rose through the ranks, working under some of the country’s top chefs.
He became sous chef at 21, executive chef at 24 and chef and owner at 25 when he opened his first solo restaurant.
He currently owns Scratch|Bar in Encino, recently closed his vegan restaurant – The Gadarene Swine in Studio City – and is opening his first ramen concept – Oh Man! Ramen with partner + chef Luke Reyes.
Phillip and his restaurants have been included in Zagat’s 30 Under 30 lists and he was named one of the Best Young Chefs in America by San Pellegrino.
Phillip is no stranger to television, having performed and won several cooking competitions including Chopped, Guy’s Grocery Games and Cutthroat Kitchen. Phillip’s mission is to make world-class fine dining more accessible, affordable, approachable, fun and nutritious.
Related searches to Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Find His Age and Wikipedia
Information related to the topic Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Find His Age and Wikipedia
Here are the search results of the thread Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Find His Age and Wikipedia from Bing. You can read more if you want.
You have just come across an article on the topic Chef Phillip Frankland Lee Find His Age and Wikipedia. If you found this article useful, please share it. Thank you very much.